UVGI HVAC rebate in response to COVID-19
As part of SRP's response to COVID-19, we are offering a rebate on technology that can help make company facilities safer.
Ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI) is a disinfection method that uses ultraviolet light to kill or inactivate microorganisms. The light breaks nucleic acid (DNA and/or RNA) bonds. As a result, cells can’t function properly and virus particles aren’t able to replicate.
Check out the UVGI fact sheet.
Signature Series Zoom Webinar
On September 30, 2020, SRP hosted a free webinar to understand what Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation (UVGI) for HVAC systems is, and why the CDC has recommended this method to help make your company facility safer. You will also learn how to get the rebate!
Download the webinar presentation .
How does UVGI work with HVAC systems?
UVGI can be used not only to disinfect surfaces, but also air. To do this, UV lamps are installed in the HVAC system in the main air stream or at the HVAC coils, after primary filtration.
How it works:
- A UV light is installed in the ductwork
- The light kills viruses, bacteria and fungi by damaging their DNA
- Air that receives a sufficient dose of UV radiation is disinfected
- Systems designed specifically for coil defouling are not eligible. Please refer to ASHRAE's Filtration/Disinfection COVID-19 webpages for "UV-C In-Duct Air Disinfection" guidelines.
Other precautions outlined by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) should still be followed.
How do I get my rebate?
Receive $30 per ton of HVAC, which must be installed in the supply air stream or at the HVAC coils. Contact us if you have questions about qualifying technologies.
- Contact your Strategic Energy Manager to get started.
- Contractors: New construction projects and retrofits are eligible.
- This is a non-lighting rebate program.
- The UVGI system installed must supply a sufficient UV-C dose to inactivate airborne pathogens.
There are two ways to apply for a rebate:
Create an SRP Rebate Center account. You'll need your SRP account number and the billing zip code that's associated with the account. Once you have activated your account, simply create a new application. Select the "Standard Business Solutions Program" to get started.
Call us at (602) 236-3054 or call your dedicated Energy Manager (You can find their contact information at the top of your SRP bill).
For eligible price plans, limitations, exclusions and other program requirements, refer to the program manual.
The rebate application review process includes an on-site inspection of the installed equipment. Check out the Virtual Inspection Guide .